Sherry

Priscilla Ballou > wrote in
:

<snip>

> I wish I could imagine a baklava that wouldn't spike, but I'm not up
> to the task. ;-) I think that portion control is our friend in
> this area.
>
> Priscilla, very fond of Greek pastry

Not even sure portion control would help me there! My bgs are *soooo*
sensitive to honey! BD (before diabetes), I used to just scoop a
spoonful of honey out of the honey jar and eat it... or would munch on
the honeycomb, savoring the marvelous flavor of honey. I'd try all
sorts of different honeys beyond the basic clover - they all have
different and wonderful flavors.

The last time I tried a tsp of honey on my low-carb toast, with lots of
butter too, my bgs just absolutely soared!

Sherry