Kenneth

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:32:30 +0800, HaJo Schatz
> wrote:

>If you ever stuck your finger into
>SD starter and licked it off, you wouldn't want to try above recipe I
>guess...

Howdy,

It might not be that simple...

Just yesterday I had a scheduling difficulty that left me
with about 300g of very ripe 100% hydration white starter.
It was very sour to the taste.

But, rather than tossing it out, I decided on a quick
experiment:

I took 100g of it, and added 2g of salt and mixed it
thoroughly.

I heated a skillet and put in a dash of olive oil.

I poured the starter in and baked it until brown on one
side. Then I flipped it over and repeated the bake.

It made an interesting, and rather tasty, bread, but the
resulting bread was not nearly as sour as the starter from
which it was made.

All the best,
--
Kenneth