Vox Humana

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any web sites or tables for adjusting cheesecake bake
> times or temps when using a recipe for a 10 spring form ,, in a 5 or 8
> inch spring form? Where to start?
> Also,, of all the cooking newsgroups.. is there a better one that I
> should ask this in?
> Thanks
> Chuck

Cheesecake is best baked at a low temperature for a long time. Using a
water bath is also helpful. Therefore, I wouldn't change the temperature.
Baking time will be less for the 5 inch cake - maybe 45-50 minutes vs. 60-75
minutes for the larger sizes. The most important thing is to know how to
tell if the cake is done. In your oven it may be significantly different
than in my oven. If this is a one-of, then just check after about 45
minutes and then every 10 minutes thereafter. If you are going to make
these cakes on a regular basis, note the time it took the first few batches.