CJ

Alright. Next (related) question.

Seems like ferment to dryness is the most popular method.

Now, what if I were to say that I'm looking to make an icewine come
late December/January from juice I'd buy from Niagara, so I'm more
interest in using a method that will be practical (and practice) for
the icewine (i.e. re-sweeten is probably unfeasible here as I'd need to
hold back at least half the juice to re-sweeten to 10%+ residual
sugar).

I live in Ottawa, where freezing temps usually start to by early
november--i.e. it should hover around freezing out in the garage by
then, so space in a fridge isn't a necessity for me in order to cool it
down and leave it there for months.

Thus, if I want to use this method, I'd need my residual sugar to be
where I want it no earlier than early november.

Can someone suggest a yeast and fermentation temperature that would
result in a slow enough fermentation that this would work time-wise ?
(I'd pick the grapes up in late Sept or Early October--lets say I start
fermentation Oct. 1).

Thanks.