Ray Calvert

I do not trust any yeast to turn off at a particular point. No yeast
company is going to say his yeast will stop at 11% when there is enough
sugar to go to 12%.

Two suggestions:

1) Aim for the alcohol level you want and make it dry. Let it clear, rack
and stabilize with sorbate, and then sweeten to taste. This is the method I
use. You might even consider sweetening with a mild honey rather than
sugar.

2) Ferment it to the sweetness you want and then put it in a fridge or
freezer to stop the fermentation. Keep it cold until it clears, then remove
it, rack and stabilize with sorbate so the fermentation will not restart.

The second method is used by some, I just do not have the cold storage space
to do it.

Ray

ups.com...