djs0302

Cyberia wrote:
> I'm currently travelling in the USA (living in Sydney, Australia) and I
> want to make a chocolate cake tomorrow - but it has to be one of the
> chocolate cakes from Rose Levy Beranbaum's Cake Bible, which I own, but
> which, inconveniently, is currently in Sydney.
>
> I don't suppose someone could post a particular chocolate cake recipe
> for me? The cake I want (and, sorry, I don't remember the exact name)
> is not dissimilar to the Chocolate Bread recipe, however it has a lot
> more water in it than the Choc. Bread recipe. It might be what's called
> the "Perfect All American Chocolate Butter Cake" in the US edition.
>
> I would be really really grateful!
>
> Regards,
>
> Hanne

Here's the recipe as taken from "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy
Beranbaum.

1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons Dutched -processed cocoa
1 cup boiling water
3 large eggs
2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter softened

Preheat oven to 350=BAF. In medium bowl whisk cocoa and boiling water
until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
In another bowl lightly combine the eggs, 1/4 of the cocoa mixture, and
the vanilla.
In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients and mix on
low speed for 30 seconds to blend. Add the butter and the remaining
cocoa mixture. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are
moistened. increase to medium speed ( high speed if using a hand
mixer) and beat for 1 1/2 minutes. Scrape down the sides. Gradually
add the egg mixture in 3 batches, beating for 20 seconds after each
addition. Scrape batter into two 9" cake pans that have been greased,
lined with parchment paper, and then greased and floured again. Bake
25 to 35 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Let
cakes cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the pans.