Actually .... I should try that. Made some mac and cheese and was going
to do that very thing -- use white pepper and keep my mouth shut -- but
I chickened out.

BTW, do you know of a Macaroni and Cheese recipe that is really, REALLY
(!!) cheesy and stringy and ... I don't know: most of the recipes I've
seen or tried seem BLAND, ya know?

Christopher

ps. Actually, "Stouffers (sp?)" frozen comes closest -- at least its
cheesy -- but there's no stringy fun. One of the originals on FoodTV --
can't remember his name -- remarked that the best cheese for M&C was
Crackerbarrel Old English Cheddar, but I can't find it.

//cas