Victor Sack

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> First place ribbons (canning) were for Blackberry Jelly, Cherry Amaretto
> Jam, and Bread & Butter Pickles (Yesss-s-s-s-!!). Winning the Bread &
> Butter lot for the third consecutive year means that I will not be
> allowed to compete in that lot for two years. (*^;^*) Ain't that a
> shame.
>
> First place ribbon for baking was for Boy Brownies!!

*Just* four first place ribbons (which were black this year, anyway)?!
It is a terrible disappointment and, for obvious reasons, a great shame,
though not a surprise, of course. I know how you *really* feel, Barb, I
know... but no need to get suicidal - there is always next year and I
have an inkling that beets will be particularly good in time for the
Fair!

There... there... don't cry, Sweetie! Have a spoonful of Barb's Beety
Beauty...

Bubba