dan

Mark Lipton wrote:
> cutecat wrote:
>

>>Owen Roe, Ponzi, Cameron near Portland. Pinots are indeed the wine of the
>>area, both Noir and Gris.

> Owen Roe used to (and may still) make a very decent Syrah from a
> vineyard near Walla Walla. Ponzi's wines have failed to impress me on
> my several visits to their tasting room in Dundee, but they have the
> advantage of having a tasting room in Beaverton, nearer to Portland than
> any other serious winery. FWIW, I'd suggest getting out of Portland and
> heading to Dundee, where I'd recommend Chehalem, Torii Mor and Lange for
> visits and lunch at Ponzi.
>
> Mark Lipton

Owen Roe still produces a Syrah and a decent Cab from the Dubrul
vineyard near Walla Walla. Sineann, Owen Roe's sister makes a couple of
Cabs from the Champoux Vineyard near Walla Walla, not to mention a hand
full of Oregon Pinots and an Old vine Zin that puts most Cal Zins to
shame. If you plan on being in the Portland/Newberg area, Sineann/Owen
Roe will be having a having a new release tasting on Sept 17th.

I second Mark's recommendation of Chehalem and for the scenery around Lange.

Dante