Old 23-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 23 Aug 2005 07:23:19a, Will wrote in rec.food.equipment:

I think I'd stay away from the chlorine unless of course you think the
cutting board is harboring the plague, dengue fever, or something.
Juice a couple of lemons. Apply the juice to the wood, then sprinkle it
liberally with salt. Let it stand for a while, over-night even. Then
scrub the board with more lemon juice and salt. After the scrub, put it
in the sun for a few hours.

It's an old way of sanitizing but it works fine.

Oh, now you've done it. You'll be getting the lemon/salt police after you!
(Actually, I think that's also a very good way.}

--
Wayne Boatwright **

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.