AlleyGator

>Looking for the recipe for a sandwich the TFLs did (it was a longgg
>one, and I believe it was "pressed;" maybe just wrapped tight).
>Believe they did it on the show where they visited the Welsh singers on
>a hill-side; and it was vegatarian (sp?), I think. Had -- if I recall
>correctly -- peppers in it...
>
>HELP! <G>
>
>Christopher A. Steele

TARTINE FROM PROVENCE

1 long baguette or 4 little ones
Cloves of garlic, halved
12 fine black olives, stoned
1 red pepper, sliced
Cooked French beans
2 large tomatoes, chopped
4 anchovy fillets
2 tablespoons delicious olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice or wine vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cut the bread in half lengthways and rub the cut surfaces with garlic.
In a food processor, combine olives, red pepper, beans, tomatoes and
anchovies. Mix in the olive oil and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning.
Spread the mixture thickly over the bread and put the sides back
together again. Tie up with string and enclose in aluminum foil or
grease proof paper. Place a board on top of the parcel with a few
weights and press for 1 hour. Then off you go to your picnic.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.