Ozgirl

Cookie Cutter wrote:
> Diuretics can increase the amount of uric acid and cause

gout. If you
> are on blood pressure medicine, maybe you should talk to

your doctor
> about switching to a different blood pressure medicine.

I'll vouch for that. I had shocking pain in both feet, not
just a toe, whole feet - for 6 months before I found out
what it was. I started on the gout meds which took 6 weeks
to be effective and meanwhile the doctor finally decided to
get on board with the ACE for diabetes. Unfortunately I got
the cough and went onto the ARB. I discontinued the gout med
about a year after starting and have been pain free since.