usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

>>> It not ok

>> Yes, it is.
>>
>>> if you care about the suffering of rabbits.+

> FWIW, we need to destroy less habitat for a vegetarian diet.

What kind of habitat was this before it became a wheat field?
http://www.phototour.minneapolis.mn.us/pics/3532.jpg

> Vegan is also a set or principles.

Sham principles.

> On is caring about animals.

Bullshit. It's primarily anti-human, and the "pro-animal" part of it is
a veneer which never seems to hide veganism's prevalent misanthropy.

> MY news reader only let your posts be marked seen.

So you lied that you're not reading my posts anymore.

>> You don't give half a shit about rabbits, Bob. If you did, you would
>> avoid ALL commercially grown grains, legumes, and vegetables because
>> rabbits are among the animals killed in producing those foods. Rabbits
>> die during the planting, irrigation, harvesting, transporting, and
>> storage of all those foods. They die both intentionally and collaterally.

> I avoid commercial products.

I don't believe you.

> I wish to support natural farmers, and I
> don't want the extra pesticides.

By "natural" do you mean "organic"? This is another of your delusions
(and there appear to be many).

Organic pesticides are as toxic as their synthetic counterparts, and
many of them are banned under the Rotterdam Convention:
The Convention has already been signed by 73 countries –
including Brazil – and ratified by 18. It will come into effect
once there are 50 signatory countries.The original products list
included 22 organic pesticides considered to be *highly toxic*...
http://www.nex.org.br/english/ denucias_envenenamento.htm

[Highly toxic meaning those organic pesticides affect non-target
species, including humans.]

An organic pesticide called Dichlorodiphenyl trichloroethane is banned
because of its pervasive toxicity. You probably have heard of it by its
initials: DDT.
http://www.epa.gov/history/pub lications/formative6.htm

[DDT was linked to the death of bald eagles, a non-target species.]

Organic pesticides kill fish:
While some organic pesticides may be nontoxic or are only
slightly toxic to people, they may be very toxic to other
animals. For instance, *the organic pesticide ryania is very
toxic to fish*.
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsh eets/HGIC2756.htm

[Fish are a non-target species.]

Organic pesticides kill a variety of *non-target species*, and foods
grown organically are not labeled "pesticide free":
Organic pesticides are used widely. Some are toxic. Rotenone
*kills fish*. Copper sulphate *kills many creatures*. In California,
an organic pesticide, sulphur, represents one-third of all
pesticide use. For obvious reasons, organic farmers don’t call
their produce "pesticide free."
http://www.ontariocorn.org/ocp mag/pestruth.html
See also:
http://www.hudson.org/index.cf m?fuseaction=publication_detai ls&id=1677

Copper sulphate is more harmful to a variety of species than its
conventional counterpart:
Leake candidly criticized organic farmers for using nasty but
"natural" pesticides. "The use of copper and sulphur fungicide
sprays seems inconsistent with the claim that organic
agriculture is pesticide-free. On examination, the
*eco-toxicology of copper sulphate is undoubtedly more harmful
and persistent than its conventional counterpart, Mancozeb*."

Leake even provided a handy table, showing that the copper
sulphate used by organic farmers is *toxic to humans, very toxic
to earthworms and fish, moderately toxic to birds and harmful to
small mammals*.
http://www.cgfi.org/materials/ articles/2000/sep_8_00.htm

Effects of copper sulphate -- an organic pesticide/fungicide -- on a
variety of species including humans:
There have been reports of *human suicide* resulting from the
ingestion of gram quantities of this material.... Copper sulfate
is very toxic to fish.... Copper sulfate is *toxic to aquatic
invertebrates, such as crab, shrimp and oysters*. Based on data
on the potential hazards posed by this material to the
*slackwater darter, freshwater mussels, and Solano grass*, and in
an effort to *minimize exposure of endangered species* to this
material, applicators in some counties are required to consult
EPA endangered species bulletins before applying copper sulfate.
http://tinyurl.com/5y4hm

Organic pesticides ARE toxins:
Organic pesticide - not an oxymoron, because many organic
farmers use pesticides. A pesticide is any compound that kills
pests. So Rotenone is considered an organic pesticide even
though it does a fantastic job of killing pests and has
questionable safety. Rotenone is derived from the roots of
various South American legumes. It is a nerve poison that
paralyzes insects. Other organic pesticides include copper
compounds that can be *tough on other organisms and the
environment*. Pyrethrins are pesticides derived from the
pyrethrum daisies. They are a nerve poison that is effective on
a wide range of insects. *Pyrethrins are moderately toxic to
mammals* and *highly toxic to fish*. It is *illegal to apply them
around ponds or waterways*. So even though it says "organic", it
can still *pack a nasty punch*.
http://www.springledgefarm.com /glossary.htm

>>> This is a vegan group, and generally we care about suffering of animals.

>> No. You don't. You only care that people eat certain animals, but you
>> don't care that animals die in the course of producing your own diet.

> Yes, actually, we need strong action.

No, we don't, you political radical.

> We have a population bomb. We
> need to protect what little pristine habitat there is.

Nature never has been "pristine," except to disinformed, emotive,
girlish wide-eyed leftists (like you!) with Utopian delusions.