ceed

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:49:45 -0500, Dave Bugg > wrote:

>> Wal-Mart sells Royal Oak Lump in Destin FL.....Garden dept not food
>> area. and cheap $5.99 a big bag.

> Hi, Jimbo. Be kind, and please don't top-post

And now my two cents on the top-posting issue:

A newsgroup is (usually) a dialog. The "dia" is important, The dia means
it's more than one, at least two, participating in a verbal or oral
exchange. So you need at least two of these events at once for it to make
any sense. Without that what you have is just a statement out of context.
This explains why top-posting is troublesome since one is left with only
the "log" in the dialog. A "log" may be good for BBQ, but not for
effective communication. For that we need the "dia" *and* the "log"

--
//ceed ©¿©¬