zxcvbob

Damsel wrote:
> We have some ribs that were forgotten in the basement refrigerator.
> They're cryopacked (or however that's spelled), and dated July 14.
>
> Think they're any good? They don't look nasty, but I haven't opened the
> package. If they're bad, I'll toss them, unopened.
>
> Crash is smoking a brisket tomorrow. Ribs would be nice, too.
>
> Carol

Um, was that the freezer that quit working, and the meat has been
unrefrigerated for about 2 months?

If not, ;-) cryovac meat will keep forever in the freezer. Literally,
forever.

Wait a minute, you said refrigerator. Yes, it's probably still good.
Open the package, and you'll know if it's OK or not. If it smells OK,
it is OK. Rinse it off it if makes you feel better. HTH

Best regards,
Bob