Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Here's what I'll haul to the Fairgrounds on Monday for
> > exhibit/competition at the Great Minnesota Get-Together:
> > Apricot Butter
> > Apricot Jam
> > Blackberry Jam
> > Cherry Jam
> > Nectarine Jam
> > Peach Jam
> > Raspberry Jam
> > Strawberry Jam
> > Cherry Amaretto Jam
> > Blackberry Jelly
> > Grape Jelly
> > Mint Jelly
> > Plum Jelly
> > Raspberry Jelly
> > Peach Cherry Jelly
> > Bread & Butter Pickles
> > Peach Chutney
> > Cherry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
> > Corn Relish
> > Dill Pickle Relish
> >
> > I feel elated that I've got those figured out. The Mint Jelly won't
> > win
> > much, if anything, because it's not as pretty as it should be but,
> > doggone it, it tastes terrific! The rest, as always, is a crapshoot.
> > Who knows! The barbecue sauce is mighty fine! The B&B's are killer!
> > The Cherry Amaretto Jam is fabulous. The Nectarine Jam is very tasty
> > but looser than I'd like. The Cherry Jam and Jelly are wonderful! The
> > Apricot Butter is awesome. The Plum Jelly is quite beautiful. The
> > Chutney is yummy. I've never made Pickle Relish, so what do I know?
> >
> > IWuzJammin'!

> As so many times before, I stand in awe of your "jammin'". Good Luck
> with all your entries. It seems that you are entering more than ever,
> or am I wrong?

You're wrong. :-) Several years ago they put a cap on the number of
entries we can make. Twenty canning entries and 25 baking entries. My
recollection is that one year, I had 43 entries in canning and baking.
My sanity has partially returned since then. In those days, there were
bakers and preservers who entered *every* lot.

And you thought I was crazy.

> I hope that you will take a good rest today, or are you planning to do
> some baking, too?

Baking will be between today and next Sunday morning at 0-dark-hundred.

--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 8/3/05 New York-Vermont tab (a
couple pictures added to the 7/29 note on 8/5)