usual suspect

Claire's thick orthorexic Uncle Dreck wrote:

>>>I'm reliably told that they are immersed in squid ink
>>>to colour them black, and I've no reason to believe a
>>>word you write that suggests otherwise, liar suspect

>>You're UNreliably told that.
>>
>> I used to eat black olives up until a few months ago, but
>> stopped after realising they swim around in squid ink, or
>> something close to it. I'm always ready to make changes to
>> maintain my ethical standard.
>> -- Derek Nash, http://tinyurl.com/dcyr3
>>
>>You stopped eating them because of misinformation

> Like I said

You only persist in believing and spreading deceit, lard ass. You
stopped eating olives because of misinformation, not because of
"superior ethics."

These olives are processed in a lye curing solution that leaches
the bitterness out. California Ripe Olives have a firm texture
and smooth, mellow taste. Once curing is complete, a series of
cold water rinses removes every trace of curing solution. During
the curing process, which takes several days, a flow of air
bubbling through the olives produces the natural, rich dark
color. A trace of organic iron salt (ferrous gluconate) is added
to act as a color fixer so the olives will have less tendency to
fade after the cans are stored.

Canning is the final step. Ripe olives are canned in a mild salt
brine solution and, because they are a low-acid product, are
heat sterilized under strict California State health rules.
http://www.calolive.org/homecooks/facts.html

They're processed in LYE to change their color, fatso, yet you
deliberately LIE and say they "swim around in squid ink or something
close to it." Why do you continue to lie, you orthorexic sod?