Duckie ®

Default Shredded Italian Beef

Shredded Italian Beef

3 - 31/2 lb beef roast
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp.garlic powder
1/2 to 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper (I use 1 and it's not too spicy)
2 tsp. beef bouillon
1 whole jalapeno pepper (remove & discard after cooking, if you want,
don't)

Cut roast up into large chucks (apprx. 2x3). Put all ingredients into
crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 8-10 hours. Stirring only
occasionally. During last 2 (or so) hours of cooking time, thinly
slice
1-2 green peppers; place in glass bowl. Sprinkle lightly with garlic
powder. Set bowl on top of meat inside crock pot; cover crockpot and
continue cooking on high for remaining time.

Serve on nice hoagie buns with shredded mozzarella cheese and
thinly
sliced onions and the steamed peppers, as desired.

I serve this with a side dish of fresh marianted vegetable salad.
Cut
up chunks of:
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 lg. tomato
1 sm. cucumber
1/2 red onion
Toss with an Italian vinegarette dressing (Good Seasons Italian is my
fav). Let marinade for 3-5 hours. Stir in 3-4 Tbsp. feta cheese if
desired. Serve as a side dish or over lettuce salad. (for
variation-make with balsamic vinegar)
Enjoy!!

Camie from Rockford, Illinois