Darrell Grainger

Default Request - Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Vox Humana wrote:

> > wrote in message newsDlob.229262$9l5.33705@pd7tw2no...
> > Anybody have a really good recipe for chocolate chip cookies that retain a
> > soft texture after baking?
> > Thanks

> Here is a link to three variation of the cookie that result in different
> textures. Try the "chewey"
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show..._17114,00.html

I love Alton Brown's show Good Eats, although he has been getting a little
weird lately. I saw that his recipe calls for kosher salt. Why does he
always want kosher salt? Is it because it is pure salt?

I was surprised to find out that some salt has other ingredients. I've
even seen a salt in the US that has sugar in it. I'm assuming that kosher
salt is just his way of ensuring it is pure sodium chloride (NaCl). Am I
right? Or is there some other reason?

Don't send e-mail to