Derek

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:38:35 GMT, usual suspect > wrote:
>See James Strut wrote:

[..]
>> First you're vegan,

>I called myself that under the misconception that veganism was about
>food rather than animal rights.

You declared yourself vegan because you claimed

1) to "dislike flesh"
2) that "the consumption of meat, dairy, and eggs is
bad for me, animals, my environment, and the
whole world"
3) that "no animal must die for my nourishment or
enjoyment"

"I dislike flesh, though my reasons for being vegan
are overwhelmingly health-oriented: I want to live
a long, healthy life, and I think the consumption of
meat, dairy, and eggs is bad for me, animals, my
environment, and the whole world. Is that first part
selfish? Perhaps to some people. Do the other,
more selfless consequences of my diet (no animal
must die for my nourishment or enjoyment, less
pollution and less harm to the environment, etc.)
mitigate the selfish notion of wanting to live long and
without serious health problems associated with an
animal-based diet?"
usual suspect Sep 9 2002 http://tinyurl.com/aohwv

Those are the exact reasons most vegans give for
their choice to abstain from meat, liar, so cut the
crap about making the mistake in thinking you were
"under the misconception that veganism was about
food rather than animal rights." YOU abstained
from meat so that "no animal must die for my
nourishment or enjoyment."

Also, in answer to Bart who asked you whether
our dominion over animals includes eating and
slaughtering them for food, you answered no by
quoting Genesis 1:29-30 (New King James Version)

[start Bart to you]
> So, according to the bible, God gave us dominion
> over the animal kingdom.

[you]
Does dominion include slaughtering and eating them? The
answer is found immediately following one of the verses
you quoted:

Genesis 1:29-30 (New King James Version) -- And God
said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed
which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose
fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. Also, to every
beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything
that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given
every green herb for food"; and it was so.
[end]
usual suspect 11 Jun 2002 http://tinyurl.com/4jtz8

As for your later assertion, that you've NEVER held
a belief in the proposition of animal rights, read on and
see where you claim NOT to know that answer.

"Animals are not moral agents and generally operate
by instinct and conditioning (the same can be said of
far too many humans). Animals should be afforded
protection under the law. But are they endowed with
any rights by their creator? I do not know that answer.
usual suspect Date: 2002-06-12

You're a liar, usual suspect, or whatever name you hide
your disgrace behind.