Derek

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:10:47 GMT, usual suspect > wrote:
>Derek wrote:
>>
>>>I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
>>>members or my friends just because they use foods I
>>>normally don't.

>> You DO turn down such meals

>No, I don't refuse anything.

You TURNED THEM DOWN, queer boy; something
you claimed never to have done. You lied.

>I accepted the rum cake and shared it with
>friends and family who like that kind of thing.

You do not share it; you give it ALL away, liar. You
turn it down behind her back every year, and while
not having the decency to explain why you want to
reject her offer, you make a fool out of her instead
and use her foolishness and good will as a handy
anecdote.

>As far as my brother goes, the issue was framed
>with "IF." He knows I wouldn't eat it, so he won't
>offer it.

Yet IF he did, you would tell him where to shove
it. Here's the quote you don't want SN to read;

<unsnip>
"My sweet, elderly neighbor bakes me a rum cake every
year for Christmas despite knowing I don't consume eggs,
milk, saturated fats, rum, or sweets. I kindly smile, thank
her for such a sweet gift, and let my friends and/or family
enjoy it (and do they ever). If my brother, though, were to
ask me if I want some venison jerky, I'd just tell him where
he could put it."
usual suspect Jul 15 2003 http://tinyurl.com/7p2xg