usual suspect

Bumbling Twit can't figure out how to read a thread so he replied to
himself:

>>> Veganism IS an eating disorder. You want a website? Try this one,
>>> numb nuts:
>>>
>>> www.orthorexia.com

> He calls sever underweight a desease. He does not mention veganism

It’s great to eat healthy food, and most of us could benefit by
paying a little more attention to what we eat. However, some
people have the opposite problem: they take the concept of
healthy eating to such an extreme that it becomes an obsession.
I call this state of mind orthorexia nervosa: literally,
"fixation on righteous eating."
http://www.orthorexia.com/index.php?page=katef

He continues on that page with a series of questions, nearly all of
which are apropos to veganism:

Do you wish that occasionally you could just eat, and not think
about whether it’s good for you? Has your diet made you
socially isolated? Is it impossible to imagine going through a
whole day without paying attention to your diet, and just living
and loving? Does it sound beyond your ability to eat a meal
prepared with love by your mother – one single meal – and not
try to control what she serves you? Do you have trouble
remembering that love, and joy, and play and creativity are more
important than food?

Consider the question asked in the "party ideas" thread, and one of the
replies to me in it. Ordinary people don't have a dilemma when it comes
to having a party. They provide a variety of foods which should appeal
to most people. Here we have a vegan who insists others adopt her eating
habit (disorder) when visiting her new home or apartment. It's nothing
at all like someone who doesn't like a particular kind of food, it's a
blanket objection to entire groups of food most people in our society
don't find objectionable.

I politely stated that I cater to my guests' tastes rather than my own
in situations like that. There are certain foods which I don't like, but
I know my guests do. *I*'m entertaining *them*. They wouldn't be
entertained by off-putting statements about my likes or dislikes, nor
should they be subjected to disapproval of their own choices of food (or
drink; I provide alcohol at most of my parties and gatherings, but I
don't drink).

The reply from Ron was typical of the vegan eating disorder: "So you go
out and slaughter a steer just to appease the blood hunger of your guests?"

Mentally disturbed people like Ron believe they should subject guests in
their homes to irrational lectures about veganism. Not only do they
forbid themselves of certain foods, they deny it to others and impugn
them incessantly for even wanting it.

They have disorders their pursuit is so extreme that they, and those
around them (e.g., party guests), don't enjoy themselves. They're too
busy trying to avoid micrograms of animal parts that enjoyment is
completely lost.

>>> See also:
>>> http://www.compulsiveeating.com/vege...disorder.ht m

> "Family, friends, clinicians, and vegetarians themselves, need to know
> that the potential exists for vegetarianism and veganism to mask an
> eating disorder," Morand said.

Correct.

> This doesn't mean vegetarianism is the
> cause of an eating disorder, or that people shouldn't adopt a vegetarian
> lifestyle, but it may be a way for the individual who is struggling with
> food and weight issues to justify her or his restrictive eating behaviours.
>
> He does not call it a eating disorder.

Dr Bratman does.

> There are plenty of healthy vegans.

Irrelevant to the issue at hand. Veganism is an eating disorder.

> There are more unhealthy meat eaters dieing of cancer and heart desease.

Vegans die of cancer and heart disease, too, dummy.

<...>