Default party ideas

we are having a housewarming party (almost 3 mo. after we moved in! oops!)
and my family knows that i am vegan so they will probably bring steaks and
things to burn if they so desire but i was wondering if anyone had any good
ideas for other items that we can have too. my family isn't really friendly
to the things i eat and it has gotten to the point were carrots and hummus
are the only things in my fridge that my sisters will touch.
maybe some watermellon salad? something summery.
i'm sure that 90% of you have been here before so just trying to get some
ideas!