Old 06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Margaret Suran

Clemens wrote:
I can't find vanilla sugar which is called by a recipe. I got a pure
vanilla extract, but I have no idea how many drops are equivalent to
how many grams. Please tell me, if the recipe calls for three grams
of sugar what would be the equivalent in drops of extract, to get a
taste of vannila ?

Thank you.

For the future, take an airtight container, a glass jar will be fine
and make your own Vanilla Sugar. For a cup of granulated sugar, cut a
Vanilla Bean into 1/2 inch pieces and bury in the sugar. In a few
days, you will have vanilla flavored sugar, which can be used for
baking recipes. It smells heavenly, assuming you like the aroma of
Vanilla and will keep for a long time.