Margaret Suran

Clemens wrote:
> I can't find vanilla sugar which is called by a recipe. I got a pure
> vanilla extract, but I have no idea how many drops are equivalent to
> how many grams. Please tell me, if the recipe calls for three grams
> of sugar what would be the equivalent in drops of extract, to get a
> taste of vannila ?
>
> Thank you.

For the future, take an airtight container, a glass jar will be fine
and make your own Vanilla Sugar. For a cup of granulated sugar, cut a
Vanilla Bean into 1/2 inch pieces and bury in the sugar. In a few
days, you will have vanilla flavored sugar, which can be used for
baking recipes. It smells heavenly, assuming you like the aroma of
Vanilla and will keep for a long time.