Wharfrat

Default Seeking Cajun Vegetarian Dishes....

I recently accepted a cooking job at Cajun style retaurant.

This is in a NORHERN city of 60,000 people, so elegant dining is about $15-
$22 an entree plus 7 bucks or so for drinks, another 8-12 bucks for an
appetizer.

The one thing missing on their menu is ANYTHING catering to the VEGETARIAN
populace.

Do any of you have any good vegetarian type recipes that cater to the Cajun
Style of cooking? I've already impressed them with how well I've picked up
their menu....I'd like to take it a step further and show them how they can
cater to the vegetarian crowd while keeping true to their Cajun Style of
cooking.

I'm looking for something unique and interesting and could be made easily
in a restaurant.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments or recipes you could assist me
with.

Please keep in mind that this would be "bulk" cooking to some degree...and
FOOD COST is unfortunately a factor.

Basically we cater to seafood and meat eaters, but I would like to see some
interesting and UNIQUE recipes for the Spicy, Cajun Vegetarians added to
the daily menu.

Unfortunately all they have besides salads and a couple other things is
Veggie burgers and Tofu burgers....

Thanks again for any help in allowing me to impress my new managemant...