Steve

hugod wrote:
> this is my story... i am 20 years old and live in new zealand...
>
> i had been gradually phasing out meat and developing a taste for the foods
> that are now staple. i went vegetarian on the 25 of may and made a complete
> conversion about this time last month. it is really bringing out the chef
> in me, and i love spicy foods. i am much like a gumbo chef, where
> everything just goes in the pot (I use a rice cooker). this week i have
> been into cabbage, broc, cauli, tofu and chickpea masala with brown rice, i
> tell ya, it was so hot it brought tears to my nose.
>
> i have alot more energy at times, but still have an inner ear condition i
> hope will clear up.
>
> people think it is amazing that i can live this lifestyle, they think its
> hard, but its not really. they admit to the benefits but are unwilling to
> break away from their love of meat.

Congratulations!

You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n, but some ( about 1
pages worth ).

I highly reccommend you check out the articles at:
http://www.veganhealth.org

The link in my sig is good too.

Again, congratulations and good luck!

--

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"