Kate Connally

pat wrote:

> Hello
>
> Seems I have a ton of Summer squash...Iv boiled them and fry them lookin for
> other recipes maybe some cassrole dishes??? thanks

I don't have a recipe per se but I like to take zucchini
and yellow squash, red bell peppers, canned diced tomatoes
(it's too hard to find really good vine-ripened tomatoes even
in the summer without getting up early and traipsing to the
farmer's market and even then they're not necessary vine-
ripened enough for me - the farmers say that if they pick
them that ripe then if they don't sell them they are lost
because they don't last long enough to do something else
with them - I got the same excuse about the peaches), some
Italian-type herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc. - whatever
you like). Cut everything up and toss in a large skillet
and pour on the tomatoes, sprinkle with the herbs and salt
and pepper to taste and cook until done. I serve it over
rice. I call it my summer vegetable stew as I only make it
in the summer. It's also good with some Italian sausage
cut up and browned in the skillet before you add the rest
of the stuff.

Kate