limey

"Damsel" wrote in message
> My neighbor gave me a couple of summer squashes from his garden last
> night.
> I've only seen the ones that look like yellow zucchini. What variety are
> these, and what's a good way to cook them? I was thinking of maybe
> slicing, oiling, and grilling.

Hate to contradict people, but they are straightneck squash, not crookneck,
says Farmer Dora. They're cooked the same way, though. You can grill,
sauté in butter, or even simmer gently in butter. Dill is a good addition,
too.

> Then there's this terrifying spider that's in my bathroom. I don't mind
> the light brown daddy long legs types with the 1.5" bent legs (never saw
> them before moving here). But I'm scared of the ones that are fast, fast,
> fast! This one is about a half inch long, and very black. I don't
> routinely kill critters, but if the spider can harm us, I should probably
> get rid of it. The picture isn't great, because I was too scared to get
> any closer.

Ugh. I hate crawlies. The vacuum idea sounds good, though - I usually
chase them down and bash them with a sledgehammer. We have a variety of
cricket that gives me the creeps. They *stare* at me (literally) and can
jump a mile high. I've found the only way to kill those suckers is to drop
a book on them from above (they can't look up, apparently).