Damsel

Default Squash and Spider Identification

My neighbor gave me a couple of summer squashes from his garden last night.
I've only seen the ones that look like yellow zucchini. What variety are
these, and what's a good way to cook them? I was thinking of maybe
slicing, oiling, and grilling.

Then there's this terrifying spider that's in my bathroom. I don't mind
the light brown daddy long legs types with the 1.5" bent legs (never saw
them before moving here). But I'm scared of the ones that are fast, fast,
fast! This one is about a half inch long, and very black. I don't
routinely kill critters, but if the spider can harm us, I should probably
get rid of it. The picture isn't great, because I was too scared to get
any closer.

I'd appreciate any help with either of these. Click on the yellow squash:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

Carol