ravinwulf

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:30:46 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Jen wrote:
>> Does anyone know what Cool whip and Dream whip are, are they
>> available in Australia???? What are some good substitutes??

>It's pre-prepared sweetened whipping cream, in the U.S. available in the
>freezer case for convenient quick thawing and usage. Take heavy (whole)
>cream and whip it to a thick consistency with sugar added to sweeten it and
>you'll have the same thing only better Sorry I don't have measurements
>for you.

I'm pretty sure the stuff isn't actually dairy in nature; it's more
like faux whipped cream. Dream Whip comes in packets in a dry form;
you whip it with 2% milk to make the topping. Cool Whip comes frozen.
Real whipped cream will substitute for the stuff though, and taste
much better.

Regards,
Tracy R.