Bob (this one)

WanderingChef wrote:

> I was told yesterday by the Travis County Health Dept. that it was
> against health code to cook in another persons home for a fee. How do
> you get around this? Any Personal Chefs out there care to comment?
> Thanks

I know of *no* places in the U.S. where this applies. Where's Travis
County - what state are you in? Whose regulations are they saying
prevent this - state or local? To whom did you speak - was this a person
who answers phones all day long or was it a sanitarian or supervisor?

In all the discussions I've seen on the professional lists I hang out on
about personal chefs, not one has ever mentioned this restriction. The
regulation would serve to eliminate household staff or medical people,
part of whose function would include prescribed food preparations.

I don't believe this is the case. You were almost certainly given
erroneous information. I'd ask a bit higher up the chain and if that
person says the same thing, ask to see the regulation in question.

Pastorio