Dave Smith

nancy1 wrote:

> WanderingChef wrote:
> > I was told yesterday by the Travis County Health Dept. that it was
> > against health code to cook in another persons home for a fee. How do
> > you get around this? Any Personal Chefs out there care to comment?
> > Thanks

> Without knowing where Travis County is, do you think it's possible
> someone is misinterpreting the code? This sounds just too ludicrous to
> be true.

That would make it difficult for nannies, au pair girls and baby-sitters who
have to feed the children they are paid to care for. I understand that
there are regulations about the commercial preparation of food because the
local health department would want to have such operations under their
umbrella so that they can inspect the premises, but having someone cook for
you in your own home would be no different than doing it yourself.
Considering that people too busy to cook would be too busy to clean, your
kitchen would be likely be cleaner.