Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> Nissan & Hyundai: Just say "no" to Auto Alliance

Which is paid for by Mittsubishi amonst other's you dolt!

> [...]

>> it your own personal voice.

> Hahaha. They know that most of you morons will just send what they've
> written.
>
>> Here are some questions that may help you
>> quickly and easily increase your letter's resonance:
>>
>> * Are you in the market for a new car? Will you be in 2006?
>> * Do you own, or have you owned, either a Nissan or Hyundai
>> vehicle?
>> * Are you a current hybrid vehicle owner?
>> * Were you one of the over 20,000 people who took action and
>> filed a false advertising complaint against the Auto Alliance for
>> their "virtually emission-free" ad?
>> * Do you live on the West Coast and are currently being denied a
>> "clean air corridor?" because of the Auto Alliance's activities?
>>
>> Tell me more

>> Dear Mr. Ghosn and Mr. Cosmai,
>>
>> (Edit Letter Below)
>>
>> I am writing to applaud your planned 2006 introductions of hybrid
>> vehicles. As a consumer interested in cleaner, more fuel-efficient
>> car options, I am pleased that the Altima and Accent hybrids will
>> help push forward this emerging clean vehicle market. The fact that
>> the Altima hybrid will be assembled in the United States, and the
>> Accent hybrid may help make hybrid technology affordable to a larger
>> segment of the driving public are both very exciting developments.
>>
>> I have also read, however, that the DC-based lobbyist group for many
>> of the major automakers, the Auto Alliance, is courting both of you
>> to join its ranks. The Auto Alliance has continually used fear and
>> deception to prevent any meaningful improvements in vehicle
>> pollution, safety, and fuel economy standards.

> Bullshit.
>
>> For example, the Auto
>> Alliance recently ran advertisements calling today's autos "virtually
>> emission-free" -- deceptive language that resulted in over 20,000
>> false advertising complaints.

> None of which has resulted in adverse actions against them.
>
>> Now the Alliance is purportedly focused
>> on preventing higher fuel economy standards and overturning
>> California's breakthrough regulations on global warming pollution
>> from autos among its top agenda items.
>>
>> Your association with this group would severely undermine whatever
>> environmentally-friendly reputation you hope to develop through your
>> hybrid models, not to mention my interest as a potential customer. A
>> clear, public "no thank you" to this lobbyist group would, in turn,
>> give an indication that your hybrid models are not merely
>> "greenwashing," but a genuine step toward addressing the
>> environmental, public health, and gas saving needs of the American
>> consumer.
>>
>> I look forward to your reply.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> [Your name]

> Just sign it "another mindnumb activist following marching orders."
>
> BTW, note that you failed to address any points I made below.

Yes I have, I've pointed out your "non profit organization" is paid for
by Mittsubisi and friends, and you ignore the responsible organizations
such as MIT and NOA amongst other's. You find a fringe scientist that
supports your contention. Big deal. Global warming is real.

There is nothing wrong with being a liberal. Ben Franklin would be
considered a liberal for example. When change is needed, then you need
it. Or do you favor a nation that only allows conservative views to be
expressed?

It's liberals that exposed things like the toxic love canal and Nixon's
election scandle. Thank God I live in a country that can have liberals
who express their views and conservatives. You actions insult every
liberal organization that is doing good.

Yes, the VEGAN movement is a liberal movement by and large. So expect
to find liberals here. We are here. In fact the majority of the nation
voted for a liberal candidate in 2000 and should have been president.
We'd be a lot better off now.

>>> http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba230.html
>>> http://www.free-eco.org/articleDisplay.php?id=294