Pinky

My only rider to this is that if you open an old quality vintage wine "many
hours before drinking" you are very likely to find it spoiled. My reds of
standard vintage I tend to open an hour before drinking and bring them up to
"chambré" b4 that!
I rarely decant since I find that most modern wines do not need it and I get
pleasure from seeing the wine label. But with a good vintage wine like a
premiere crus I might decant it --- but only just before serving.
oups.com...