Rob

Dieter Folz wrote:

> So, now we know, you should use one pyramid bag (3,125g) per mug and
> let the tea infuse for 1-2 minutes (which also implies a removal of the
> bag/s). That means for a preparation in a pot about three bags (should
> equal three heaped tea spoons) for 0,5 liter (as long as you don't want
> to add one more bag "for the pot").
>

> Dieter

Do you really only let it steep for 1-2 minutes? I always let black
tea steep for exactly 4 minutes, although I have cut back to 3 1/2
minutes when using the PG Tips pyramid bags, as they seem to infuse a
little faster. It seems to me that anything less than that would yield
a very weak brew. And I do not take my tea with milk.

I absolutely agree that the bags should be removed to avoid the tea
becoming stewed. However, most people seem to leave them in the pot.
I have a pair of those "tea bag squeezer" tongs that I use for removing
tagless teabags from the pot.

I find most British tea bags to be too strong to brew directly in the
mug. Maybe I should try the recommended 1-2 minutes. But regardless
of what king of bag is used, it should ALWAYS be removed from the mug
before drinking the tea. That is one of my pet peeves - people who
drink their tea with the bag still in the mug. I don't know why; it
just bothers me.

Rob