Paul Knorr

White rum and spiced rum are not the same thing. A White Rum (Such as
Bacardi or Whalers Great White) are distilled and filtered. They are
also typically not aged and have a dry finish. White rums can be
contrasted with Gold or Black rums (my favorite is Goslings Black
Seal) which retian a certain amount of the caramel color and flavor
instead of filtering it out. They can also be aged in wood casks
(Anejo).

Spiced rum is a flavored rum, typically flavored with vanilla and
cinnamon (although the exact spices are usually secret) Spiced rums
are sweeter and have a less dry finish.

-Paul Knorr

www.barback.com

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:00:52 GMT, "Von Fourche"