Dee Randall

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> Gorgonzola, IMHO, has a very hard taste, so it would cover delicacy of
>>> this kind of Gnocchi. that's why they put over only butter and sage.
>>> On the other hand, butter and sage, aren't so flavourful. Perhaps it
>>> would go better a creamy sauce with walnuts, "Fontina" (a piedmontese
>>> cheese), few milk to melt cheese and if you want few minced sausage.
>>> Yes, I think i will do like this.
>>> To make chestnut dumplings is very simple: boil 5-6 medium potatoes and
>>> when they are soft, peel and squash them over the pastry board. Make an
>>> hole inside. Then put in the hole two whole eggs and mix with potatoes.
>>> At this point you can start to add chestnut flour. You must add flour
>>> till the mixture is rather hard.
>>> Then you take a piece of mixture (as big as a tennis ball) and roll it
>>> over the floured pastry board (back and forth) with the hand's palms. It
>>> should comes out a long snake of pastry ( about one centimeter of
>>> diameter) that you will cut with a knife in little rectangle of about 2
>>> centimeters lenght.
>>> Put your Gnocchi on a big and floured tray (if you want you can froze
>>> them with the tray, and when they are hard you can put in a freezer
>>> container).
>>> When the salted water boil (put in the water also 1-2 spoons of oil),
>>> plunge gnocchi and mix a little (with a long spoon) only the first time.
>>> Gnocchi are ready when they come on the surface.
>>> This is what I will do next saturday. Then I will tell you, but if you
>>> want to try before., you can follow this recipe.

>>> Is a fortune ))
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Pandora
>>>

>> "Fontina" (a piedmontese cheese),
>>
>> I've been looking all over for this for perhaps 6 months (or more) and
>> can only find Wisconsin, Swedish and Danish Fontina. Nosiree, no Italian
>> Fontina.
>> Dee Dee

> Ohhhhh! It's a very pity!!! And have you got french cheese? *Raclette* is
> a very good cheese and very similar to fontina!
> Pandora (

I believe I saw Raclette other day at Trader Joe's. I'll look for it.
I found at Wegman's a wonderful cheese I hadn't had in years, Morbier. For
those who don't know it
http://www.interfrance.com/en/fc/ga_la-fromagerie.html & stroll down to
'Morbier.' It was heaven.

Thanks for sending pictures of Switzerland -- I've only been there a few
times,. There is a place settled in West Virginia by the Swiss, called
Helvetia. People flock there in the summer for some sort of festival. It
is very remote and mountainous -- but, of course, not like Switzerland's
mountains.
Dee Dee