Nancy Young

Default "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eatingsupermarket food

Julianne wrote:

> I agree that the public morality took things to extremes with both drunk
> driving and child molestation. What concerns me now is the push to lower
> the legal limit from 1.0 to 0.8 for DWI. I'm not saying it is a bad idea
> but I have yet to find compelling evidence that accidents happen in the
> 0.8 - 1.0 range that are directly related to alcohol.

It's gotten to be too extreme. You're right, if I have 2 glasses of
wine even over say 3 hours, I bet I'm legally drunk now. I promise
I would not be even remotely a danger to any other motorist or
pedestrian. None. Just a criminal.
> I guess MADD controls a lot of votes.

And I would be surprised if most MADD members never drove over .08.

> Society in general learned a lot from the McMartin case. While it is true
> that children are not inherently dishonest, it is a fact that small children
> will try desperately to please adults. They can be led and they are
> convicted in their beliefs once they are planted.

That was a terrible thing. And that wasn't the only case, as I'm
sure you know. How many lives ruined by hysterical people.

> Having said both things, drunk driving (a national past time to which I lost
> two brothers in one night)

I cannot believe that happened to you, I'm so sorry. Like saying I'm
sorry helps, but, wow.

nancy