Stark

In article <VsuFe.138$MO.126@lakeread04>, dwacon
> wrote:

> My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
> still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
> of boiling bacon fat.
>
> That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
> where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."
>
> I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

Don't know about "Chicken Friend Bacon." But a few years ago a local
Albertson's offered sample bites of their deli bacon that was
absolutely delicious. I asked the gals behind the counter how they
fixed it. They said "Deep Fry." I guess that was a practical way to
prepare lots of pieces for sampling, but it tasted great, better than
my skillet friend bacon even after the first pieces have made
significant grease.