Dieter Folz

Martin Rosenberg schrieb:
> Dieter Folz schrieb:
> ... or in a pot (just leave bags in it).
>

> Hm, that's what is puzzling me. I read the sites you've mentioned
> (pg-tips.de.vu and fatsquirrel.org) and I also know the Braman Museum
> tea site, where the traditional English way to prepare tea is shown.
> All three explain the habit to leave the tea in the pot. Is there a
> trick to it? Otherwise I can imagine, you'll have a problem of a too
> weak tea at the beginning and a far too strong tea at the end?! Or is
> it true, that English teas like PG Tips are "designed" for that kind of
> praparation and infuse there full content of armoa completely in the
> first minute?
> Any suggestions?
>
> Martin

I just bought a new box with PG Tips pyramid bags (the normal ones,
with 3,125g of tea per bag). On the box there is a nice overview of the
PG Tips history, because of their 75th anniversary. While reading this
I noticed the information that to use PG Tips on its best, one should
use one bag per cup. Then I noticed on the bottom a nutrition
information. There they write that this referrs to 170ml with 30ml
semi-skimmed milk (so overall the amount of a normal mug), brewed with
freshly boiled water for 1-2 minutes.

So, now we know, you should use one pyramid bag (3,125g) per mug and
let the tea infuse for 1-2 minutes (which also implies a removal of the
bag/s). That means for a preparation in a pot about three bags (should
equal three heaped tea spoons) for 0,5 liter (as long as you don't want
to add one more bag "for the pot").

Dieter