Paul Knorr

Air is death for wine - as soon as the wine hits the air it starts to
oxidize and go bad. Almost always letting wine breathe is a bad idea
- it does nothing to improve the wine and can make it worse. The
exception is more immature wine that needs to "breathe" for a period
of time to reach it's peak.

Here's a link to an article on the "Wine Lover's Page" on letting wine
breathe:

http://www.wineloverspage.com/winead...wa010709.shtml

-Paul Knorr

www.barback.com

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:46:21 GMT, "Thomas Anderson"