Old 26-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Paul Knorr

To firm it up you would either have to reduce the liquid or add more
ice. Blending it longer makes the ice pieces finer and makes them
melt faster - making the drink even more watery.

Try this:

2 Oz Rum
1 Oz Triple Sec
splash of lime juice
1 banana

Then blend with ice, adding ice until you reach the consistency you're
looking for.

-Paul

www.barback.com

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:27:58 GMT, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

I made my first Banana Daiquiri tonight. It didn't really turn out that
good. A little too runny. Here is the recipe I used:

1 and 1/2oz light rum
1 TBLE spoon triple sec
1 banana
1 and 1/2 lime juice
1 TS spoon sugar
1 cup of crushed ice

Ok, I put all this in the blender and blended on low for five seconds.
Then blended on high for about thirty seconds to a minute more.

I thought it came out too watery. Would blending it more have caused it
to firm up? I'm a newbie to blending so I no nothing about the basics of
blending. How long should I have blended it? What could I have done to
firm it up?

Thanks!