Scott Dorsey

In article >,
erin jackson > wrote:
>I'm interested in purchasing a starter teapot. Does anyone
>know what's the best type of pot to buy.
>
>I've found several interesting ones on www.sunjaratea.com.
>Love the look of the Staub Cast Iron, but would like to
>see the tea. So is glass, porcelean or cast iron better.

I strongly recommend, if you have only one teaport, that you get
the Chatsford teapot in vitrified hotelware, which Upton's sells.

The spot is well-shaped and does not drip, and the hotelware is
much more difficult to break than glass, spatterware or porcelain.
It is not phenomenally elegant, but it is practical and reasonably
priced.
--scott