Dave Smith

Default User wrote:

> > Our new Oregon home came with a nice row of well established blueberry
> > bushes. I didn't expect too much from them - between the birds and
> > the deer - but thanks (probably) to this year's quirky winter/spring
> > weather, we've got a bumper crop of the best darned blueberries I've
> > had since I was a kid picking wild ones on Cape Cod.

> I'm very suspicious of blueberries. I mean, they taste so great AND now
> all the experts say they're really good for you, anti-oxidants and all
> that. What's the catch?
>
> I like to drop frozen blueberries into a bowl of Rice Chex. The berries
> chill the milk down and of course add that great blueberry flavor.

I think blueberries are the ultimate fruit for cold cereal. They pack a lot
of flavour, maybe too much. I like them only in small doses, so that works
well for cereal, muffins and pancakes. I am not a fan of blueberry pie. It's
just too much blueberry for me. I would rather have them as topping on a
custard or pastry cream tart.