Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
"ntantiques" > wrote:

> Our new Oregon home came with a nice row of well established blueberry
> bushes. I didn't expect too much from them - between the birds and the
> deer - but thanks (probably) to this year's quirky winter/spring
> weather, we've got a bumper crop of the best darned blueberries I've
> had since I was a kid picking wild ones on Cape Cod. Spent the evening
> creating purple mayhem in the kitchen and now have myself a dozen
> gleaming pints of lightly spiced blueberry jam. Has been ages since I
> "jammed," and I'd forgotten how easy it is. May have to whip up another
> batch for Christmas gifts - I come from a long line of blueberry
> lovers. The plums are just getting ripe...note to self: buy more jars.
>
> Nancy

My blues came from the supermarket and last night I made a batch of jam
with blueberries, strawberries, a few bing cherries, and a ripe banana.
And some Triple Sec and Southern Comfort. I'm still working on what to
call it. I'll be in Vermont on the weekend and have been told it might
be blueberry time there. Mostly, I don't care for blueberries, but if
you get some booze with them they're ok.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!