ntantiques

Default Ah, blueberries

Our new Oregon home came with a nice row of well established blueberry
bushes. I didn't expect too much from them - between the birds and the
deer - but thanks (probably) to this year's quirky winter/spring
weather, we've got a bumper crop of the best darned blueberries I've
had since I was a kid picking wild ones on Cape Cod. Spent the evening
creating purple mayhem in the kitchen and now have myself a dozen
gleaming pints of lightly spiced blueberry jam. Has been ages since I
"jammed," and I'd forgotten how easy it is. May have to whip up another
batch for Christmas gifts - I come from a long line of blueberry
lovers. The plums are just getting ripe...note to self: buy more jars.

Nancy