Scott Dorsey

Default Haichao Tea Blocks

Found a very interesting thing at a local Korean market.... I thought I was
buying some very dense teabags, sold by the "Yunnan Haichao Teablocks Co.
Ltd" but when I got them home I found that they were actually tiny little
compressed tea blocks, perhaps 2 cm on a side and with a depression on the
top to make them come apart better.

This stuff turns out to be a respectable jasmine tea, nothing amazing but
a slightly higher grade than the Fujian yellow box type. But the packaging
in small compressed blocks is actually very convenient for travelling
(which in fact is why I was looking for tea bags at the time).

Does anyone know these guys, and do they make any higher grade teas?
--scott