Scott Dorsey

Anna > wrote:
>Well here I go again. The lady at our locale tea store gave me a sample of
>green tea. Her husband really likes it and she hated it. So feeling rather
>brave today I tried it. It was the most god awful tasting stuff I've ever
>had.
>I am not sure what it is for sure, but she wrote on the label 'one leaf tea'
>green.
>It was rolled in a tight ball about the size of gum ball. When it unfurled
>it was the tip of a branch or what ever you would call it. It was about
>2-3 inches long and had many leaves attached. I didn't brew it very long,
>maybe a min or two. It is really green and didn't smell bad, but it was all
>I could do to drink it.

Because it was super tannic? It made your whole mouth wrinkle up into a
little ball?

Try brewing it with cooler water... try water that has not yet quite come
to a boil. And try brewing it for a shorter period of time than you are
used to brewing a black tea.

Oh, yes. And no milk. Don't even think about it.
--scott