Lewis Perin

"Anna" > writes:

> Well here I go again. The lady at our locale tea store gave me a sample of
> green tea. Her husband really likes it and she hated it. So feeling rather
> brave today I tried it. It was the most god awful tasting stuff I've ever
> had.
> I am not sure what it is for sure, but she wrote on the label 'one leaf tea'
> green.
> It was rolled in a tight ball about the size of gum ball. When it unfurled
> it was the tip of a branch or what ever you would call it. It was about
> 2-3 inches long and had many leaves attached. I didn't brew it very long,
> maybe a min or two. It is really green and didn't smell bad, but it was all
> I could do to drink it.

It isn't tea at all, not in the sense of Camellia sinensis. It's
Kuding Cha, a member of the holly family (Ilex.) Check the Google
groups archive for RFDT; you'll see some discussions of this stuff in
the past. It's sometimes called One Leaf Bitter Tea, for reasons you
now understand.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /