MOMPEAGRAM

"Bill" > wrote in message
>I recently tasted a wonderful Vollkornbrot bread from a bakery.
> I have searched for a vollkornbrot recipe written in english but
> cannot find one.
> Would some kind soul either post the recipe here or e-mail it to me at
>
> Thank you all in advance. I enjoy reading through the
> informationcontained in this forum.
> Have a great day
> Bill

Here you go.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Helen's Volkornbrot

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 5
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Yeastbreads, German, Breads

-= Ingredients =-
-MM BY HELEN PEAGRAM-
3 c 5 or 7 grain cereal
1 c Whole wheat flour
2 ts Baking soda
1 t Salt
1/2 c Molasses
3 c Hot water

-= Instructions =-
Combine dry ingredients. Stir molasses and hot water into dry
ingredients. Let stand overnight. Turn mixture into small loaf pan.
Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 275 for 3 hours. Cool in
pan. Wrap and keep in frig. Keeps 2 weeks..
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 169 Calories; trace Fat (2.4%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 947mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Fat; 1 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **